To see more photos of previous courses please click here
After successfully training number of rock climbers and mountaineers, GGIM announces 2 batches of Basic Course in Rock Climbing 2015.
Few quick details about Basic Rock Climbing Course 2015:
Location: Sinhagad Fort, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Course Commencement Dates: Batch 1 – November 23rd 2015
Batch 2 – November 26th 2015
Duration: 4 Days, 3 nights
Max Group Size: 35
Student-Instructor Ratio: 5:1
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
Cost/participant: INR 4500/-
- Basic Safety Systems: Rock Climbing is a great fun only when you take proper care and safety otherwise it could turn out to be dangerous. Being aware of basic safety systems such as harness, helmet, gloves etc. will be our paramount concern.
- Learning Basics of Rock Climbing: Through practical and theory sessions, you will understand techniques and science of Bouldering, Lead climbing, Sport Climbing, Traditional climbing.
- Practical Training: Rock climbing is a skill and you need to develop it with practice. Reading rock climbing theory books and watching climbing movies will add to your excitement but ultimately you have to spend more and more time on rock faces, boulders and climbing wall. Under the guidance of professional rock climbers you will be testing your rock climbing skills to the maximum.
- Rock Climbing Knots & Equipment Management: Rope is the lifeline of a climber. In the evolution of rock climbing and mountaineering, mountaineers have invented variety of Rope knots for safety purposes. In this course the climber will learn basic knots & and their usage. Along with the rope, you will know about the technical equipment and their usage in belaying, anchoring, rescuing and climbing.
- Environmental ethics: Respecting the wilderness will be the most important learning curve of this course. You will learn, discuss and adopt environmental impact minimization practices and be able to implement them in your daily front country life as well.
Registration for the course has begun. The last date for registration is 31st October 2015
Following are simple steps for registration
Step 1 –
(right click on the link and then select “save link as” option)
Step 2 – Print the downloaded form, fill the same.
Step 3 – Payment of fees offline / by NEFT
Option 1 – Pay the all fees by cheque in the name of “Guardian Giripremi Institute of Mountaineering”
Option 2 – Transfer fees in our bank account
Bank details are given below –
A/c Name – Guardian Giripremi Institute of Mountaineering
Bank Name – HDFC Bank, Mayur Colony
A/c No. – 50200009999572
IFSC code- HDFC0000149
A/c Type – Current A/c
Step 3 – Pay Online Here (Credit Card, Net Banking, Debit Card) (NOTE: ADDITIONAL CHARGES OF PAYMENT GATEWAY WILL BE APPLICABLE)
Step 4 – Post/ Submit the duly signed form with photo of participant to GGIM before 31st October 2015.
The Cost includes-
> Transport from Pune to Sinhagad and back
> Stay and meals(breakfast, lunch, dinner) for 4 days and 3 nights
> Technical equipment and support
> Training by qualified and experienced mountaineers
> Giripremi gives PRIME importance to the safety and there are certain norms that we always follow.
> Participants to instructors ratio 6:1
> Well equipped and experienced instructors.
> First-Aid Facility available.
> Safety/emergency vehicle available for 24 hours.
* Special Reward for Best candidate from boys and girls each,
* Few get a Special recognition
* All Participants get a certificate of Participation
For any further detail you can contact
Vivek Shivade – 9769302934
Dinesh Kotkar – 9890499955
Bhushan Harshe– 9822323147
Or you can visit our office at following address –
Between – 10 am to 6 pm (Mon.-Sat.) – GGIM, office no. 102, Chintamani Pride, Near City Pride Multiplex, Kothrud, Pune, 411038
Between – 6 pm to 8 pm (Mon.-Fri.)- Giripremi, 1207/B, 1st Floor, Asmita Society, Apte Road, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune 411004 (Please call before visiting to make sure that you get attended)