Mt. Annapurna... world's 10th highest mountain... Trek to the base camp of Annapurna ABC is as popular trekking destination as EBC if not more. The trek begins at Pokhara, widely known as the ‘Lake City’ and passes through cascading waterfalls, beautiful villages, terraced farmlands, lush rhododendron forests, and amazing mountain vistas before reaching the base of the mighty Annapurna.
The entire surrounding area of the Annapurna region is protected by the Annapurna Conservation Area Project . Which collects numerous high mountains like Machapuchare 6,993m, Mt. Annapurna I 8,091m, Mt. Annapurna II 7,939m , Mt. Annapurna III 7,555m, Mt. Annapurna IV 7,525m, Mt. Lamjung Himal 6,986m, etc. Hot water springs at Poon Hill are one of the attractions during the trek. You can come here all around the year as people trek in all seasons; however the best time to come to this area is between March to mid may and between Septembers to mid November. Please go through the brochure for more details.
Apr - May 2019
28th Apr - 11 May 2019
5th - 18th May 2019
We can also have a customized batch for people more than 10.
DAY WISE ITINERARY:
Typically this trek involves around 50 Km of walking and the duration is usually around 9 days. You would be walking from the altitude of 5000 feet to 13450 feet. At GGIM we focus on acclimatization and hence we include some rest days whenever there is a major height gain. Depending upon the weather conditions, the itinerary may be modified.
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02 City tour and preparation in Kathmandu
Day 03 Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhra
Day 04 Drive to Phedi and Trek to Dhampus (1650 m)
Day 05 Trek to Landruk (1562 m)
Day 06 Trek to Chomrung (2210 m)
Day 07 Trek to Himalaya or Doban (2505 m)
Day 08 Trek to Deurali (3230 m)
Day 09 Trek to Machhapuchchhre Base Camp (3700 m) then Visit to Annapurna Base Camp (4130 m) and back to Deurali
Day 10 Trek to Chomrung
Day 11 Trek to Nayapul and Drive to Pokhra
Day 12 Pokhra to Kathmandu Drive
Day 13 Departure for home
The cost mentioned below will take care of the expenses from Kathmandu till you are back to Kathmandu from the trek.
The Total cost is INR 47850/- +GST per person Ex. Kathmandu
(Please note that the above mentioned cost is only for Indian Citizens. For the citizens of other countries, the cost will be different.)
Following services are included in above cost
- All airport to hotel transfers at Kathmandu
- 4 nights stay at Hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis with breakfast only
- Kathmandu - Pokhara transportation by tourist bus
- Pokhara - Phedi transportation
- Nayapul - Pokhara - Kathmandu transportation
- Food and Accommodation during trekking
- 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara
- All necessary paper works (ACAP permit)
- Trekking duffel bag and Sleeping bag for use, and trekking map
- Daily Dispatch on website
- An experienced guide and porters
- One special dinner in Kathmandu
Following services are NOT included in above cost
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal gear like windcheaters, feather jackets, walking sticks etc.
- Meals in Kathmandu except the breakfast
- Extra beverages and mineral water during the trek
- Personal expenses during trek like wi-fi, battery charging, hot water bath, etc.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Tips for guides and porter
- VISA /permit / any other extra cost applicable to NON INDIAN passport holders.
All participants above 14 years are eligible to apply for this trek. Participant size will be max 14.
Just as EBC, Annapurna Base Camp is also one of the most safest of the treks. Safest means, all facilities like excellent food, accommodation, first aid, to a certain extent communication and also chopper arrangements are easily available in case of emergency. But this does not obviate the fact that one needs to go through fairly considerable amount of fitness regime. So, keeping our goal in mind, we have some advice and guidance for training for ABC trek.
You can register for this trek throughout the year. The initial booking has to be done before 3 months of the reporting date. Following are simple steps for registration.
Step 1: Fill up Online enrollment form. (The form should be filled only once. If you have filled it already you need not to refill.)
Step 2: Download, print and fill up Medical form from a medical practitioner.
Step 3: Download Indemnity bond. Print first page of the form on 500 Rs. stamp paper, fill the form and get it notarized by a legal practitioner. (Please note that the indemnity bond should be submitted only once)
(Please note that there are separate indemnity bonds for adults and minors. In case of minors, participant has to procure a consent letter from parents. We will share the format once you register.
- Medical Form
- Indemnity Form
- Photocopy of Valid Passport/Election card (Only applicable for Indian citizens. Other foreign nationals should have their passports with them)
- Confirmed Air ticket
- Minors (below 16) should provide parent's consent letter
Pay the trek fees by cheque in the name of “Guardian Giripremi Institute of Mountaineering”
Transfer fees in our bank account
Bank details are given below
A/c Name- Guardian Giripremi Institute of mountaineering
A/c No. 35422707432 (current a/c)
IFSC Code SBIN0013530
Branch Karve Nagar, Pune 411052
Rs. 30,000/- to be paid at the time of initial booking and balance 30 days prior to the trek.
cancellation request through email.Rs. 15,000/- will be deducted and balance amount will be refunded, if cancellation is made 30
or more days prior to the reporting date of your selected batch.Rs. 25,000/- will be deducted and balance amount will be refunded, if cancellation is made
15 to 30 days prior to the reporting date of your selected batch.No refund will be made if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to date of departure.
PREPARATIONS FOR HIGH ALTITUDE
1. 27TH JAN 2019
2. 24TH FEB 2019
3. 23- 24TH MAR 2019 (OVERNIGHT TREK)
HIGH ALTITUDE WORKSHOP:
1. 20TH JAN 2019
2. 17TH FEB 2019
Details will be shared once you register for the trek/expedition