Mt. Annapurna... world's 10th highest mountain... Trek to the base camp of Annapurna ABC is as popular trekking destination as EBC if not more. The trek begins at Pokhara, widely known as the ‘Lake City’ and passes through cascading waterfalls, beautiful villages, terraced farmlands, lush rhododendron forests, and amazing mountain vistas before reaching the base of the mighty Annapurna.
Giripremi's team of highly experienced mountaineers are setting forth on 8th consecutive expedition to an 8000er mountain. It is none other than mighty Annapurna I, the tenth highest mountain & the most challenging in the world. Giripremi in association with GGIM has planned two beautiful treks in Annapurna National Park. By participating in these treks, you will of course explore the incredible Himalayan vistas but also contribute in supporting Giripremi's Expedition to Annapurna I.
Annapurna Conservation Area Project protects the entire surrounding area of the Annapurna region. Numerous high mountains like Machapuchare 6,993m, Mt. Annapurna I 8,091m, Mt. Annapurna II 7,939m , Mt. Annapurna III 7,555m, Mt. Annapurna IV 7,525m, Mt. Lamjung Himal 6,986m, etc. exist within the conservation area. Hot water springs at Poon Hill are one of the attractions during the trek. You can come here all around the year as people trek in all seasons; however the best time to come to this area is between March to mid may and between Septembers to mid November. Please go through the brochure for more details.
Please note : All the batches of Summer 2020 are been cancelled due to Corona Outbreak. Autumn batches will be declared soon.
DAY WISE ITINERARY:
Typically this trek involves around 50 Km of walking and the duration is usually around 9 days. You will walk from the altitude of 5000 feet to 13450 feet. At GGIM we focus on acclimatization and hence we include some rest days whenever there is a major height gain. Depending upon the weather conditions, the trek guide will modify the itinerary.
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02 City tour and preparation in Kathmandu
Day 03 Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
Day 04 Drive to Nayapul and Trek to Chomrung (2210 m)
Day 05 Trek to Himalaya or Doban (2505 m)
Day 06 Trek to Deurali (3230 m)
Day 07 Trek to Machhapuchchhre Base Camp (3700 m) then
Day 08 Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4130 m) and back to Deurali (3230 m)
Day 09 Trek to Chomrung
Day 10 Trek to Nayapul and Drive to Pokhra
Day 11 Pokhra to Kathmandu Drive
Day 12 Rest day in Kathmandu
Day 13 Departure for home
The per person cost mentioned below (Ex. Kathmandu) will take care of the expenses from Kathmandu till you are back to Kathmandu from the trek.
For Indian Citizens - INR 47,500 + GST 5%
For Non-Indian Citizens - € 800 OR USD 893
Following services are included in above cost
- All airport to hotel transfers at Kathmandu
- 4 nights stay at Hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis with breakfast only
- Kathmandu - Pokhara transportation by tourist bus
- Pokhara - Phedi transportation
- Nayapul - Pokhara - Kathmandu transportation
- Food and Accommodation during trekking
- 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara
- All necessary paper works (ACAP permit)
- Trekking duffel bag and Sleeping bag for use, and trekking map
- Daily Dispatch on website
- An experienced guide and porters
- One special dinner in Kathmandu
Following services are NOT included in above cost
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal gear like windcheaters, feather jackets, walking sticks etc.
- Meals in Kathmandu except the breakfast
- Extra beverages and mineral water during the trek
- Personal expenses during trek like wi-fi, battery charging, hot water bath, etc.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Tips for guides and porter
- VISA /permit / any other extra cost applicable to NON INDIAN passport holders.
All participants above 14 years are eligible to apply for this trek. Participant size will be max 14.
Just as EBC, Annapurna Base Camp is also one of the most safest of the treks. Safest means, all facilities like excellent food, accommodation, first aid, to a certain extent communication and also chopper arrangements are easily available in case of emergency. But one needs to go through fairly considerable amount of fitness regime. So, keeping our goal in mind, we have some advice and guidance for training for ABC trek. Please check the training module and do follow, because regular training will make the trek enjoyable.
HOW TO REGISTER:
You can register for this trek throughout the year. Please do the initial booking before 3 months of the reporting date. Following are simple steps for registration.
Step 1: Fill up Online enrollment form. (The form should be filled only once. If you have filled it already you need not to refill.)
Step 2: Fill up Medical form from a medical practitioner.
Step 3: Download Indemnity bond. Print first page of the form on 500 Rs. stamp paper, fill the form and get it notarized by a legal practitioner. (Please note that the indemnity bond should be submitted only once)
(There are separate indemnity bonds for adults and minors. In case of minors, participant has to procure a consent letter from parents as well as from the school. We will share the format with you once you register.
- Medical Form
- Indemnity Form
- Photocopy of Valid Passport/Election card (Only applicable for Indian citizens. Other foreign nationals should have their passports with them)
- Confirmed Air ticket
- Minors (below 16) should provide parent's consent letter and school consent letter
Pay the trek fees by cheque in the name of “Guardian Giripremi Institute of Mountaineering”
Rs. 30,000/- to be paid at the time of initial booking and balance 30 days prior to the trek.
PREPARATIONS FOR HIGH ALTITUDE
The dates yet to be planned.. You can join Nisarganaad Treks for practice - http://ggim.in/nisargnaad-adventure-for-all/
HIGH ALTITUDE WORKSHOP:
The dates yet to be planned..
Details will be shared once you register for the trek/expedition