Mt. Everest.. top of the world.. third pole of the earth.. 8848 mtrs! Ain’t that enough to blow your minds and pack your bags and hit the trails?? Everest Base Camp, EBC as its popularly known, isn’t just a physical trek but a journey along a well-marked trails with some of the mightiest, beautiful and even notorious mountains on the earth, following the footsteps of legendary mountaineers, pleasant hospitality and mountain delicacy of Nepal culture. Kindly go through the brochure for more details.
Summer / spring trek: Apr – May 2018
1. 14th Apr 2018
2. 20th Apr 2018
3. 21st Apr 2018
4. 27th Apr 2018
Winter / Autumn trek: Sept - Nov 2018
1. 24th Sept 2018
2. 10th Nov 2018
2. 23rd Nov 2018
Apart from these fixed departures, we also customize batches as per your convenience.
|DAY||DETAILS||APROX. TREK DURATION|
|1||Arrive in Kathmandu (1400 m)|
|2||Preparation day in Kathmandu (briefing, shopping, packing)|
|3||Fly to Lukla (2,800m) & trek to Phakding (2652m)||3.5 hrs|
|4||Phakding to Namche bazaar (3440m)||5-6 hrs|
|5||Namche Bazaar – Rest day (Height gain to altitude: 3884 m)||3-4 hrs|
|6||Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3870m)||5-6 hrs|
|7||Tengboche to Dingboche (4400m)||6-7 hrs|
|8||Dingboche – Rest Day (Height gain on Nagarjun Hill)||3-4 hrs|
|9||Dingboche to Lobuche (4900m)||3-4 hrs|
|10||Lobuche to Gorakshep (5180m), Trek to EBC and back to Gorakshep||8-9 hrs|
|11||Climb Kala Patthar (5500 m) (Optional) and trek down to Pheriche (4320 m)||8-9 hrs|
|12||Pheriche to Namche bazaar||7 hrs|
|13||Namche Bazaar to Lukla||6 hrs|
|14||Stay at Lukla|
|15||Fly back – Lukla to Kathmandu|
|16||Wind up at Kathmandu|
|17||Departure from Nepal|
The cost mentioned below will take care of the expenses from Kathmandu till you are back to Kathmandu from the trek.
The Total cost is INR 62, 500 + service tax at actual (per person Ex. Kathmandu.)
(Please note that the above mentioned cost is only for Indian Citizens. For the citizens of other countries, the cost will be different.
Following services are included in above cost
- All airport to hotel transfers at Kathmandu
- 4 nights stay at Hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis with breakfast only
- Kathmandu – LUKLA transportation by flight
- Food and Accommodation during trekking
- All necessary paper works (ACAP permit)
- Trekking duffel bag and trekking map
- Daily Dispatch on website
- An experienced guide and porters
- One special dinner in Kathmandu
Following services are NOT included in above cost
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal gear like windcheaters, feather jackets, walking sticks etc.
- Meals in Kathmandu except the breakfast
- Extra beverages and mineral water during the trek
- Personal expenses during trek like wi-fi, battery charging, hot water bath, etc.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Tips for guides and porter
- VISA /permit / any other extra cost applicable to NON INDIAN passport holders.
All participants above 14 years are eligible to apply for this trek. Participant size will be max 14.
Safest means, all facilities like excellent food, accommodation, first aid, to a certain extent communication and also chopper arrangements are easily available in case of emergency. But this does not obviate the fact that one needs to go through fairly considerable amount of fitness regime. So, keeping our goal in mind, we have some advice and guidance for training for EBC trek.
You can register for this trek throughout the year. The initial booking has to be done before 3 months of the reporting date. Following are simple steps for registration.
Step 1: Fill up Online enrollment form. (The form should be filled only once. If you have filled it already you need not to refill.)
Step 2: Download, print and fill up Medical form from a medical practitioner.
Step 3: Download Indemnity bond. Print first page of the form on 500 Rs. stamp paper, fill the form and get it notarized by a legal practitioner. (Please note that the indemnity bond should be submitted only once)
(Please note that there are separate indemnity bonds for adults and minors. In case of minors, participant has to procure a consent letter from parents. We will share the format once you register.
- Medical Form
- Indemnity Form
- Photocopy of Valid Passport/Election card (Only applicable for Indian citizens. Other foreign nationals should have their passports with them)
- Confirmed Air ticket
- Minors (below 16) should provide parent's consent letter
Pay the trek fees by cheque in the name of “Guardian Giripremi Institute of Mountaineering”
Transfer fees in our bank account
Bank details are given below
A/c Name- Guardian Giripremi Institute of mountaineering
A/c No. 35422707432 (current a/c)
IFSC Code SBIN0013530
Branch Karve Nagar, Pune 411052
Rs. 30,000/- to be paid at the time of initial booking and balance 30 days prior to the trek.
cancellation request through email.Rs. 15,000/- will be deducted and balance amount will be refunded, if cancellation is made 30
or more days prior to the reporting date of your selected batch.Rs. 25,000/- will be deducted and balance amount will be refunded, if cancellation is made
15 to 30 days prior to the reporting date of your selected batch.No refund will be made if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to date of departure.