About Goechala Pass:
Goecha La at an altitude of 4960 mtr is a high mountain pass in Sikkim, in the Indian Himalaya range. The southeast face of Mt. Kanchenjunga, the world's 3rd highest mountain, can be viewed from the pass. Trekking through the Kanchenjunga National Park, one of the greenest regions in the world, remains one of the top things to do for any holiday maker in the Himalayas. Untouched by any effluence, these forests support a fine ecosystem, with numerous species of unusual flora and fauna.
The trek itself can be challenging in terms of distances to be covered in a day. One needs to get properly acclimatized due to the huge changes in altitude over a small time during this trek, which is also another reason for its popularity. However, once you get walking it becomes easy to tackle the challenging distances. Goechala trek is the sight of fascinating and mesmerizing snow-covered peaks of Kanchenjunga with amazing green landscapes and lush meadows at the foothills.
Trek Schedule: (Bagdogra to Bagdogra)
20th April to 30th April 2020
Trek Fees: (Ex-Bagdogra)
INR 27,500/- (Exclusive of 5% GST)
Day Wise Itinerary:
|Date||Program||Altitude (mtr)||Distance (kms)||Time (hrs)|
|20-Apr-20||Arrival at Bagdogra. Drive to Yuksom||1780||160||8|
|21-Apr-20||Trek to Sachen||2195||8||3|
|22-Apr-20||Trek to Tshoka||2950||11||6|
|23-Apr-20||Rest Day and Acclimatization|
|24-Apr-20||Trek to Dzongri||3960||12||7|
|25-Apr-20||Trek to Thangsing||4000||10||5|
|26-Apr-20||Trek to Lamuney||4620||4||3|
|27-Apr-20||Trek to Goechala pass and Kokchrung||4960||5||7|
|28-Apr-20||Trek to Tshoka||2950||14||7|
|29-Apr-20||Trek to Yuksom||16||5|
|30-Apr-20||Drive from Yuksom to Bagdogra|
- Bagdogra – Yuksom -Bagdogra travel
- Home / Hotel stay in Yuksom on sharing basis
- All permits and permissions
- All Veg meals during trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Soup), Hot drinking water
- Camping stay on sharing basis
- Sleeping bag, Mattress and Toilet Tent
- 10 Kg per person luggage will carry porters
- Experience and professional guides
- Tips for Guide and Porters
- Emergency evacuation
- Insurance (Insurance is recommended)
- Extra beverages
- Dinner on 1st and 10th day and Breakfast on 2nd day
Step 1: Fill up Online enrollment form. (The form should be filled only once. If you have filled it already you need not to refill.)
Step 2: Download, print and fill up Medical form from a medical practitioner.
Step 3: Download Indemnity bond. Print first page of the form on 500 Rs. stamp paper, fill the form and get it notarized by a legal practitioner. (Please note that the indemnity bond should be submitted only once)
(Please note that there are separate indemnity bonds for adults and minors. In case of minors, participant has to procure a consent letter from parents. We will share the format once you register.
Pay the trek fees by cheque in the name of “Guardian Giripremi Institute of Mountaineering”
Transfer fees in our bank account
Bank details are given below
A/c Name- Guardian Giripremi Institute of mountaineering
A/c No. 35422707432 (current a/c)
IFSC Code SBIN0013530
Branch Karve Nagar, Pune 411052
- Medical Form
- Indemnity Form
- Photocopy of ID Proof
- Confirmed Air ticket
- Minors (below 16) should provide parent's consent letter
Payment Terms –
Rs. 10,000/- to be paid at the time of initial booking and balance 30 days prior to the trek.
- Rs. 5,000/- will be deducted and balance amount will be refunded, if cancellation is made 30 or more days prior to the reporting date of your selected batch.
- Rs. 10,000/- will be deducted and balance amount will be refunded, if cancellation is made 15 to 30 days prior to the reporting date of your selected batch.
- No refund will be made if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to date of departure