Kangyatze or Kangyatse (elevation 6,496 meters (21,312 ft)) is a mountain located at the end of the Markha valley in the Himalayas in the Ladakh region of northwest India. It is located in the Hemis National Park. The mountain has two main summits, the lower western peak (Kang Yatze II) is easier and more frequently climbed at about 6250m. The higher eastern peak is the true summit (Kang Yatze I) at 6496m although less frequently climbed as it is across a technically difficult knife-edge traverse.
Approach Route - 6300 meter peak is mainly done from middle of June till September end. There are two approach route to this peak. One is from Chilling and trekking through the Markha Valley, passing by the villages of Skiu, Markha and Hankar. Another approach starts from the village of Shang Sumdo and steeply climbs up the Markha Gorge passing by the campsite of Chyuskirmo, Lartsa and then climbing the Gongmaru La, a 5130 meter high pass to reach Nimaling. We will be taking the Skiu route to reach the base camp of the mountain.
The climbing team usually starts the climb between 12 AM to 2 AM and its takes about 6 – 8 hours to reach the summit. The route climbs on scree zone before climbing up on steep snow slope. Early in the season in June and July can have snow from the base camp itself making the climb more slow and difficult. From the top distant peaks of East Karakoram are visible on a clear day
Why Climb with GGIM?
- All necessary equipment as per international standards (mountain boots, crampons, rope, gaiters, ice ax, helmet)
- 1 Qualified Mountaineer and Professional Trek Leader
- Giripremi mountaineer support (if the group is 10 or more)
- Well established base camp with comfortable tents for accommodation and Dining Tent, Kitchen tent and toilet tents facilities
Kang Yatse 2 Expedition Dates : (Reporting at Leh)
25th July to 6th Aug 2020
Apart from this we can plan expedition for your group as per your convenience.
Kang Yatse 2 Expedition Itinerary
|1||Arrival at Leh. Transfer to Stok Village and Stay Overnight|
|2||Local Sight Seeing in Leh and Stay at Stok Village|
|3||Drive to Chilling and Trek to Skiu|
|4||Trek: Skiu to Markha Village|
|5||Trek: Markha to Thangchungste|
|6||Trek: Thangchungste to Base Camp|
|7||Rest day and Training at Base Camp|
|8||Summit Kang Yatse 2 (6250m) and back to Base Camp|
|9||Buffer day for Summit in case of bad weather|
|10||Trek: Base Camp to Nyemaling|
|11||Trek: Nyemaling to Shang Sundo and Drive to Leh and Overnight stay at Leh|
|12||Rest Day at Leh. Local Sight Seeing|
|13||Departure from Leh|
Kangyatse 2 Expedition Cost:
INR 82000/- + GST as applicable. (Ex. Leh)
- 2 nights accommodation in home-stay for at Stok Village (Leh) & 2 night accommodation in Guest House in Leh
- Alpine Tent stay (twin/triple sharing basis) during the expedition with sleeping bags, trekking mats
- Kitchen Tent, Dining Tent, Toilet tent facility is provided at base camp.
- Food: Hygienic vegetarian food and eggs will be provided during the expedition.
- Equipment: Ropes, Helmet, Snow Boot and Crampons (If req.)
- 1 Qualified Mountaineering and Professional Trek Leader
- No. of guides will be decided as per the batch size
- 1 High Altitude Head Cook, Kitchen Support Staff
- First aid kit, Stretcher, Oxygen cylinders
- Transportation as per the itinerary will be provided
- Mules/porters to carry the central or common luggage during the expedition
- GGIM trained mountaineer as expedition guide (if the group is 6 or more)
- Any accidental, emergency, travel or medical insurance for the climbing party. It is strongly recommended that the participants to get themselves comprehensively insured before the expedition.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- All evacuation charges (medical emergency or otherwise), or hospitalization or physicians consultation charges. Your own insurance policy should also ideally, cover this.
- Beverages or drinks of any sort, including soft drinks, alcoholic / non-alcoholic drinks or bottled / mineral water.
- Charges for a manual or helicopter evacuation, in case of a medical emergency or the like.
- Personal climbing gear or equipment, not mentioned above
- Other services not specifically mentioned in the service inclusions
Kangyatse 2 Expedition Enrollment Procedure:
Step 2: Medical form from a medical practitioner.
Step 3: Download Indemnity bond, and print first page of the form on 500 Rs. stamp paper, fill the form and get it notarized by a legal practitioner. (Please note that the indemnity bond should be submitted only once)
(There are separate indemnity bonds for adults and minors. In case of minors, participant has to procure a consent letter from parents as well as from the school. We will share the format once you register)
Document Submission for Kangyatse 2 Expedition:
- Medical Form
- Indemnity Form
- Identity Proof: Passport Copy / Aadhaar Card Copy (Valid for Indian Citizens); For foreign Citizens: Please do submit Passport Copy only
- Confirmed Air ticket
Step 4 : Payment methods
Option 1 : Pay the trek fees by cheque in the name of “Guardian Giripremi Institute of Mountaineering"
Option 2 : Transfer fees in our bank account. Please find the Bank details below
35,000/- to be paid at the time of initial booking and balance 30 days prior to the trek.
cancellation request through email.