Mt. Nalini (5268 m), the peak situated in Peer Panjal Himalayan ranges of Manali, Himachal Pradesh. It was first explored and climbed by team Giripremi under the leadership of Everester Mr. Anand Mali who is an Adventure Sports teacher of Vidya Valley School. To honor the contribution of Mrs. Nalini Sengupta, Principal of Vidya Valley School in promoting mountaineering and adventure to youth, Giripremi named this peak as Mt. Nalini.
Trek to the base camp of Mt. Nalini is one of the most famous treks in Manali since the peak stands tall just next to the Hampta pass. The reason of Hamta pass being so prominent is that Hamta pass connects Manali valley and the Spiti valley. So one can just avoid the heavy traffic and clutter of Rohtang Pass by trekking across Hamta pass.
The trek begins at Chatru (3100 m), a small joint on Khoksar – Kaza road in Spiti valley situated at the banks of river Chandra. After gradual walk alongside the roaring Chandra river, trek takes right turn in to the valley of Mt. Indrasan. The base camp for Mt. Nalini is established at the place called ‘Shiyagoru’(4000 m) - which means the coldest place! On the lush green riverbed of the Hamta Nala, Base Camp is the most beautiful stay. Magnificent Peak Nalini changing its shades with the sunlight can be seen from here.
DAY WISE ITINERARY:
Typically this trek involves around 25 Km of walking and the duration is usually around 4-5 days. You would be walking from the altitude of 10000 feet to 13200 feet. At GGIM we focus on acclimatization and hence we include some rest days whenever there is a major height gain.
Day 01 - Arrival in Delhi (Overnight bus journey to Manali)
Day 02 - Arrival at Manali
Day 03 - Drive from Manali to Chatru, stay at Chatru (3100 m)
Day 04 - Trek from Chatru to Shiyagoru – Mt. Nalini Base Camp (4000 m)
Day 05 - Rest Day at Shiyagoru
Day 06 - Trek to Advance Base Camp of Mt. Indrasan (4500 m)
Day 07 - Trek down to Chatru and Drive back to Manali, Stay at Manali.
Day 08 - Celebration and Felicitation day at Manali, stay at Manali
Day 09 - Departure from Manali - Drive to Delhi (Overnight Bus Journey)
Day 10 - Departure from Delhi
** Option of arriving directly at Manali is also available. In that case the itinerary from Day 2 to Day 9 and respective cost mentioned below will be applicable.
The Total cost for the trek is INR 29,500 per person (For Delhi to Delhi) + service tax at actual
The Total cost for the trek is INR 27,500 per person (For Manali to Manali) + service tax at actual
THE COST INCLUDES:
- Tents, Sleeping bags (Holofill/Polofill) if needed and carry mats at Base camp.
- Excellent food up to base camp and complete camping facilities.
- Mountain cook and camp helpers.
- Horses with horsemen for carrying of loads to BC and back.
- Manali to Chhatru by Jeep and Mahindra pick up for logistics.
- Chatru to Manali by jeep
- Hotel accommodation in Manali (on arrival one night and on departure for two nights).
- Volvo Bus Delhi / Manali/ Delhi
- Packed lunch during trek and travelling.
(1) 40-41 Participants are required for special Volvo bus pick up from railway/ Airport
(2) If no. of participants is less, then people have to travel by routine bus.
Cost DOES NOT include:
- Food during Delhi/ Manali / Delhi travel.
- Personal expenses, drinks/ snacks while trekking and Tipping.
- Mineral water and other beverages (other than those included in package) during stay and travelling.
- Personal kit and trekking equipment.
- Personal expenses for sightseeing in and around Manali
- Cancellation, Insurance and Risk and Release, Emergency evacuation costs, there will be no refund of payments once the trek commences
- Camera Fees
- The Personal porterage for carrying of individual kit and tipping.
- If Client needed better hotel accommodation then the rates will be quoted extra on demand.
- Itinerary is subject to change due to landslide and other natural calamities. In that case, optional routes/ itinerary will be given.
- In case of changes in routes and properties, GGIM will accept no liability but make arrangements for substitution of equal measure.
- In case of accident, illness, injury or mishappening, GGIM will accept no liability or its staff wholly or partially, responsible for the same.
- Personal gear and clothing will be arranged by the individual.
Here are some guidelines for preparing for Nalini base camp trek. Although its a small trek, one must not make a mistake to underestimate the mountains and prepare physically as well as mentally to successfully complete the trek.
- Walk briskly for 4-5 kms daily.
- Climb UP and DOWN small hill twice a week. If you are blessed with a hill nearby, you are surely a lucky one. In case you don’t, relax, steps are your training masters! Up and Down climbing will train your muscles for mountain climbing.. Remember practice is the key here!
- Practice of Climbing DOWN on stairs will be beneficial.
- Try climbing slightly tougher forts such as Sinhagad, Rajgad, Rajmachi, Ajinkyatara
- Do some breathing exercises and Yoga. Youtube is your friend here.
WHAT TO BRING
- Loose/Comfortable clothing – two pairs
- Thick Pullover/ Sweater – 02 no.
- Sports/ Trekking shoes
- Water bottle
- Snow/Sun goggles
- Torch with spare cells
- Writing material
- Antiseptic/ Sunburn cream
- Kneecap & band – aid
- Toilet Paper Roll.
- Balaclava (Monkey Cap) & sun cap/ hat.
Step 1: Fill up Online enrollment form. (The form should be filled only once. If you have filled it already you need not to refill.)
Step 2: Download, print and fill up Medical form from a medical practitioner.
Step 3: Download Indemnity bond. Print first page of the form on 500 Rs. stamp paper, fill the form and get it notarized by a legal practitioner. (Please note that the indemnity bond should be submitted only once)
(Please note that there are separate indemnity bonds for adults and minors. In case of minors, participant has to procure a consent letter from parents. We will share the format once you register.
- Medical Form
- Indemnity Form
- Photocopy of Valid Passport/Election card (Only applicable for Indian citizens. Other foreign nationals should have their passports with them)
- Confirmed Air ticket
- Minors (below 16) should provide parent's consent letter
Pay the trek fees by cheque in the name of “Guardian Giripremi Institute of Mountaineering”
Transfer fees in our bank account
Bank details are given below
A/c Name- Guardian Giripremi Institute of mountaineering
A/c No. 35422707432 (current a/c)
IFSC Code SBIN0013530
Branch Karve Nagar, Pune 411052
Rs. 30,000/- to be paid at the time of initial booking and balance 30 days prior to the trek.
cancellation request through email.Rs. 15,000/- will be deducted and balance amount will be refunded, if cancellation is made 30
or more days prior to the reporting date of your selected batch.Rs. 25,000/- will be deducted and balance amount will be refunded, if cancellation is made
15 to 30 days prior to the reporting date of your selected batch.No refund will be made if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to date of departure.