Stok Kangri, one of the popular trekking destinations in the cold deserts of India. This magnificent peak is situated in the Stok Range of Himalayas, 24 kms from the district of Leh. Even though the trek is the most beautiful one, it is not at all a cake walk. The altitude of 20000 feet itself is the major hurdle in reaching there. The cold and dry weather adds to the difficulty. But with a proper preparation and some extra bit of efforts on fitness, an average trekker can attempt this climb.
Stok Kangri peaks are trekked by many people and is considered the best trekking experience in the Himalayan Mountains of Ladhak. Trekkers from different parts of the world just to trek here. The best season to go trekking in Ladhak is July, August and September. The place is usually dry in these months with few bursts of rains in July and august. The nearest station to Stok Kangri is Leh. Leh can be reached from Delhi by air or from Manali or Srinagar by road.
Batch 1: 20th July - 30th July 2018
Batch 2: 29th July - 8th Aug 2018
We also conduct customized expedition for special batches provided the participants'size is more than 10.
There are two options to reach Leh –
- Pune – Delhi – Manali – Leh
- Pune – Shrinagar – Leh
Please book your travel in advance to get the good air fare. Also it is recommended to reach Leh via Manali by road because it helps in acclimatizing. While coming back you can take the option of coming from Shrinagar. In case of any difficulty regarding travel booking, you can contact GGIM office, all assistance will be provided regarding travel.
|Date||Plan for the day|
|Day 1||Arrive Leh (rest)|
|Day 2||Leh Sightseeing.|
|Day 3||Khardong La top back to Leh.|
|Day 4||Drive to Stok (11800 ft.) and trek to Mankorma (14200 ft.)|
|Day 5||Mankorma (14200 ft.) to Base camp (16300 ft.) trek.|
|Day 6||Rest day + training day.|
|Day 7||Base camp (16300 ft.) to Stok Kangri (20080 ft.) back to base camp.|
|Day 8||Buffer Day.|
|Day 9||Base camp to Leh.|
|Day 10||Leh Shopping, visit Leh Palace and shanti Stupa.|
The total cost for this expedition is 27,000/- + GST at actual (Ex. Leh).
Included in the cost -
- Breakfast during stay at Leh.
- All mentioned travelling expenses.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during trek and at base camp.
- Accommodation in Rest House at Leh and tents during trek
Not Included in the Cost -
- Air tickets, Travel insurance or any other insurance
- Expenses due to change in itinerary caused by any unforeseen reasons like land slides, road block, bad weather etc.
- Any other requirement which is not specifically mentioned in the included list.
- Tips to guides and porters
- Lunch & dinner during stay at Leh
- Any personal expenses like battery charging, beverages, etc.
Step 1: Fill up Online enrollment form. (The form should be filled only once. If you have filled it already you need not to refill.)
Step 2: Download, print and fill up Medical form from a medical practitioner.
Step 3: Download Indemnity bond. Print first page of the form on 500 Rs. stamp paper, fill the form and get it notarized by a legal practitioner. (Please note that the indemnity bond should be submitted only once)
(Please note that there are separate indemnity bonds for adults and minors. In case of minors, participant has to procure a consent letter from parents. We will share the format once you register.
Bank details are given below –
A/c Name- Guardian Giripremi Institute of mountaineering.
A/c No. 35422707432 (current A/C)
IFSC Code- SBIN0013530
Branch – karve Nagar ,pune 411052
Payment Terms -
15,000/- to be paid at the time of booking / registration and remaining balance at least 3 weeks prior to the trek.
Cancellation Policy –
- In case of any unavoidable reason if you happen to cancel your booking, please send the cancellation request through email.
- 5,000/- will be deducted and balance amount will be refunded, if cancellation is made 30 or more days prior to the reporting date of your selected batch.
- 15,000/- will be deducted and balance amount will be refunded, if cancellation is made 15 to 30 days prior to the reporting date of your selected batch.
- No refund will be made if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to date of departure.