About Mt. Yunam
Yunam Peak is a rare six-thousander Himalayan trekking destination of a similar category to Stok Kangri. Without any technical climbing requirement, but with sound fitness, one can achieve a 6000er summit, is a unique feature of this expedition. Yunam Peak is well known to those who have travelled by the Leh-Manali highway. The summit of Yunam has a great vantage point for an outstanding view of the C.B. Range and Mulkilla Range.
Situated in the terrifying and rugged regions of Himachal Pradesh, Yunam can be a testing grounds for endurance trekkers and avid mountaineers. The highest motorable road of the state ends in Baralacha La, only a few kilometres from Yunam base camp, where the pathways of Ladakh, Spiti, and Lahaul intersect. Just ahead of Baralacha La, in a village called Bharatpur, the basecamp is located.
The drive to this far end of the world is breathtaking in terms of changing topographies, the chills of starkly dropping temperature, and bizarre emerald lakes glistening in the middle of nowhere in a cold rocky desert matrix. The climb above basecamp features snow patches, mixed scree and snow tracks, and sharp jagged walls of rock. Quite unusually, the stretch of this glaciated desert is not short of water points. On our way to the base camp and beyond, a number of streams will cut the path across and at the base camp we will have a small lake in the vicinity.
Yunam climb demands a substantial fitness levels including some experience of high altitude trekking. Climbers must put grit against grit and overcome this hurdle with strong will and determination. GGIM will offer a systematic and well acclimatized plan for a successful ascent. For a larger group of more than 6, Giripremi's able mountaineer will accompany as an additional support.
Why Climb with GGIM?
- Plan devised for best acclimatization with 11 days
- All necessary equipment as per international standards (mountain boots, crampons, rope, gaiters, ice ax, helmet.
- 2 Local guide support
- Giripremi mountaineer support (if the group is 6 or more)
- Well established basecamp with comfortable tents for accommodation and toilet tents facilities
Mt. Yunam Expedition Dates : (Reporting at Manali)
8-18 Aug 2020
5-15 Sept 2020
12- 22 Sept 2020
Apart from this we can plan expedition for your group as per your convenience.
Mt. Yunam Expedition Itinerary
|1||Reach Manali. Overnight stay at hotel.|
|2||Acclimatization walk and preparation for the expedition.|
Manali – Jispa (3200 Mts)
After breakfast drive to Jispa over Rohtang pass (3979 Mts). There after we proceed ahead via Keylong to Jispa. Overnight stay at hotel.
Jispa – Baralacha Pass (5030 Mts) – Bharatpur (4900 Mts)
Today we drive early to Bahartpur over Baralacha Pass. After spending some time at pass descend down to Baharatpur and establish the base camp near road head.
|5||Ferry of load to camp I.|
|6||Occupy/establishment of camp I.|
|7||Occupy and establishment of summit camp|
|8||Summit and back to camp I.|
Return from camp I to base camp/Bharatpur. Drive back to Manali. Overnight stay at hotel in
|11||Programme concludes after breakfast|
Yunam Expedition Cost:
INR 35000/- + GST as applicable. (Ex. Manali)
- Accommodation in hotel at Manali on twin sharing basis with all meals.
- Accommodation in Alpine tents (2/3 men) during the expedition with sleeping bags, fleece inners and trekking mats. (Separate toilet tent facility is provided) at base camp.
- A variety of wholesome hygienic veg. /non veg. meals during the expedition.
- Services of cook, kitchen helpers with the entire necessary kitchen items, utensils etc.
- Technical equipment such as Climbing shoes, crampons, gaiters, Ice Axe, climbing ropes, ascenders, descenders, helmets, ice screws, rock pitons, carabiners, snow stakes and other technical equipment will be provided by Trek India Outdoors.
- The services of two qualified Alpine Instructor.
- The services of porters for assisting with load ferry and camp establishment.
- Vehicular transport from Manali to Bharatpur and back to the Manali, after the completion of the climb using Sumo / Tempo traveler or similar.
- Insurance of technical staff and camp staff (Members to obtain their own insurance).
- GGIM trained mountaineer as expedition guide (if the group is 6 or more)
- First aid kit with oxygen cylinders.
- Any accidental, emergency, travel or medical insurance for the climbing party. It is strongly recommended that the participants to get themselves comprehensively insured before the expedition.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- All evacuation charges (medical emergency or otherwise), or hospitalization or physicians consultation charges. Your own insurance policy should also ideally, cover this.
- Beverages or drinks of any sort, including soft drinks, alcoholic / non-alcoholic drinks or bottled / mineral water.
- Charges for a manual or helicopter evacuation, in case of a medical emergency or the like.
- Personal climbing gear or equipment, not mentioned above
- Other services not specifically mentioned in the service inclusions
Yunam Expedition Enrollment Procedure:
Step 2: Medical form from a medical practitioner.
Step 3: Download Indemnity bond, and print first page of the form on 500 Rs. stamp paper, fill the form and get it notarized by a legal practitioner. (Please note that the indemnity bond should be submitted only once)
(There are separate indemnity bonds for adults and minors. In case of minors, participant has to procure a consent letter from parents as well as from the school. We will share the format once you register)
Document Submission for Yunam Peak Expedition:
- Medical Form
- Indemnity Form
- Photocopy of Valid Passport/Election card (Only applicable for Indian citizens. Other foreign nationals should have their passports with them)
- Confirmed Air ticket
Step 4 : Payment methods
Option 1 : Pay the trek fees by cheque in the name of “Guardian Giripremi Institute of Mountaineering”
Option 2 : Transfer fees in our bank account
15,000/- to be paid at the time of initial booking and balance 30 days prior to the trek.
cancellation request through email.