GGIM's Basic Rock Climbing Course has been a stepping stone for every adventurer who wish to pursue climbing as profession, or is an ardent adventure explorer or just a dilettante enthusiast who wish to learn exciting skills. Over 100s of students every year have been participating in this unique 4-days curriculum that takes place at the top of Fort Sinhagad.. a training grounds for veteran mountaineers from Sahaydri! However, in the recent pandemic situation, everything had come to standstill. Entire world was in utter chaos and fright. The adventure field was no different. For over half a year, we all have faced terrible lockdown state.
But we cant forever be in a locked down state. We have to step forward and learn to cope up with new challenges with sound health and confidence. Basic Rock Climbing Course will be a refreshing experience and a confidence booster for everyone post lockdown. Hence, GGIM has decided to embark its new edition of Basic Rock Climbing Course from Dec 2020 adhering to all the rule sand regulations of government with primary focus on safety.
Basic Rock Climbing Course is a 4 days residential programme designed to impart essential rock climbing skills, techniques, and knowledge for all above 16 years.
This certificate course is beneficial to not only the rock climbing enthusiasts but for all those who wish to do safe and enjoyable trekking. Giripremi's highly experienced rock climbers and instructors conduct this course. This course is endorsed by Akhil Maharashtra Giryarohan Mahasangh. (State-level Apex Organization for Mountaineering)
Have a look at the course glimpses here.
You can read about the course details here.
1: Previous Batch 24 - 27 Dec 2020
2: Upcoming Batch 21 - 24 Jan 2021 (Seats Available)
Venue: Will be updated in due course of time
Max group size - 30
Course Contents: Bouldering, Rock Climbing, Wall Climbing, Rappelling, Jumaring, Environmental Ethics, Equipment Introduction, Map Reading, First Aid etc.
INR 5500/- (subject to change depending upon then situation)
(Pay Rs. 1,000 and book your seat in your suitable slot as mentioned above)
- To and from Transport (Pune to Sinhagad)
- Meals and Accommodation (4D-3N)
- Technical guidance, equipment during the camp, study material
- Individual assessment and certification
- Safety measures
1: Fill up Online enrollment form. (The form should be filled only once. If you have filled it already you need not to refill.)
2: Download, print and complete the Medical form from a medical practitioner.
3: Print first page of the indemnity form on 500 Rs. stamp paper, and get it notarized by a legal practitioner. (Please note that the indemnity bond should be submitted only once)
Golden Pocket – Sinhagad
Duke’s Nose Climbing
GGIM Cancellation Policy
In case if you wish to cancel your course participation, following are the terms:
- Initial booking amount is non transferable and non refundable
- Cancellation 30 days before the starting date of the trek - balance course fees will be refunded with 15% retention or entire balance fees will be carried forward for the next course you take
- Cancellation between 30 days to 15 days before the starting date of the trek - balance course fees will be refunded with 30% retention or entire balance fees will be carried forward for the next course you take
- Cancellation less than 15 days before the starting date of the trek - balance course fees will be refunded with 50% retention