Kedarkanth Winter Trek
Duration: 06 Days
Trek Dates: 5th December to 10th December 2021
Region: Sankri (Govind National Park), Uttarakhand
Maximum altitude: 3,800 Mts
Trek Fees: 13,500/- per person (including GST)
- Fees Includes
- Fees Excludes
- Resources & FAQs
Kedarkanth, a trekking peak at an altitude of 12,500 ft is located in Garhwal Himalayas near Sankri, the base village. Often people get confused between Kedarkantha and Kedarnath (One of the pilgrim sites among Chaar-dham yatra). Trek to Kedarkanth is famous among all the age groups and the picturesque locations make it even more demanding.
GGIM emphasizes on conducting the trek with utmost safety without compromising the fun level.
Trek Schedule: 5th to 10th December 2021
Trek Fees: INR 13,500/- (Ex-Dehradun, Incl. of GST)
- If cancellation is made one month or more prior to the trek, we will refund 100% of the paid amount (excluding the booking amount)
- If cancellation is made 15 to 30 days prior to the trek, we will refund 50% of the paid amount (excluding the booking amount)
- If the cancellation is made within 15 days prior to the trek, there will be no refund.
If the trek gets cancelled due to any any natural calamities like Uttarakhand floods, Nepal Earthquake, Covid-19 pandemic, we will refund the trek fees deducting actual expenses incurred depending on the stage of the trek.
- You have to carry 2nd Vaccine certificate or RT-PCR negative report (not be older than 72 hours) while travelling to Uttarakhand. So, plan your travel accordingly.
- For your return journey, if your destination requires RT-PCR negative report, plan your travel accordingly and keep minimum 1 day buffer to get tested.
No details found.
Arrival at Dehradun and Drive to Sankri (1950m)Pick up will be arranged from Jolly grant airport (Dehradun) to Sankri. Sankri is about 200 kms from Dehradun and it takes almost entire day to reach the destination. On arrival at Sankri, there will be an introduction and trek orientation session followed by room allocation and dinner.
Trek from Sankri to Juda Ka Talaab (2700m)You will be starting your actual trek to Juda Ka Talaab and the overall altitude gain will be around 600-700m and distance covered is 4-5 kms. Juda ka talaab is one of the beautiful campsites in the entire trek as the camping location is besides the lake and surrounded by Pine trees.
Trek from Juda Ka Taal to Base Camp (3420m)After camping at the beautiful site of Juda Ka Talab, you will be starting afresh with the trek to Kedarkantha base camp, which lies at a height of 11,250 ft / 3,420 m. The distance from Juda Ka Talab to the base camp is about 4 kms and it will take you about 2.5 hours to reach the place.
Summit Kedarkanth Peak (3800 m) and back to Juda Ka TaalThe Day - where you will start early morning at around 3 AM post breakfast. It takes about 4 to 5 hrs to reach the summit for an individual with above average fitness. You will witness a panoramic view of the high mountains around you and the fresh sun rays will welcome you. After spending some time and capturing the landscapes in your camera and of course your eyes, you start the descend to base camp and then to Juda Ka Talaab.
Trek from Juda Ka Taal to SankriReturn and descend is the most non alluring part of any trek as you have witnessed so much during your entire journey. So, you will head back to Sankri in the same guest house / campsite. A small experience sharing session will take place. Enjoy your stay at Sankri, take rest as you will be having entire day of travel to Dehradun.
Drive from Sankri to DehradunYou will start the journey after breakfast to Dehradun. We are sure that this trek will a lifetime experience and you will cherish the snowy memories forever. Please note: You will reach Dehradun late in the evening by 8 pm. So, plan your next travel accordingly.
- Travel from Dehradun to Sankri on Day 1
- Travel from Sankri to Dehradun on Day 6
- Meals – Dinner on Day 1 to Breakfast on Day 6
- Accommodation on sharing basis in campsite / guest house in Sankri
- Tent stay during trek
- Meals during trek
- Sleeping bag and fleece liner, tent, mattress, gaiters, micro-spikes (for snowy conditions)
- Services of qualified instructors/ guides, cook, kitchen helper and mules to carry
- First Aid
- Any transportation charges or transfers which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals during Dehradun to Sankri travel
- Any extra meals / beverages other than includes
- Any additional activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Early arrival or late departure at Dehradun
- Any accidental, emergency, travel or medical Insurance.
- The Personal porter / horses for carrying of individual kit or baggage
- Tip to guides and porters
No Details Found