Trek Schedule: Sat 30 Oct to Sun 31 Oct 2021
Trek Fee: Rs. 2,400 /-
- Fees Includes
- Fees Excludes
- Resources & FAQs
Vasota is located near a village called Bamnoli in Satara district near backwaters of Koyna dam. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj renamed it as ‘Vyaghra Gad‘, because it resembled in a shape of a Tiger. Vasota falls under the category of ‘Vana Durg‘. It was a watchtower and had facilities for imprisonment during Maratha Empire. The fort has remnants such as lime-crusher, Hanuman Temple etc.
The fort had natural defense for impregnability. On one side was a huge lake and on the other a steep vertical rock cliff, thus making it a must do adventure for beginner trekkers and wildlife, nature lovers.
Age Group: Open for all above 8 yrs (children between 8 to 16 yrs should be accompanied by at least 1 parent/guardian)
Eligibility: Average fitness level required
- Giripremi gives PRIME importance to the safety and there are certain norms that we always follow.
- Participants to instructors ratio 7:1
- Well equipped and experienced instructors.
- First-Aid Facility available.
The trek will take place considering all the Covid-19 rules and regulations.
Day 1 : Saturday, 30th Oct 2021
03.00 PM : Reporting at Ferguson College, FC road, Pune
03.20 PM : Departure from Ferguson College
08.00 PM : Reach Bamnoli Campsite (On the way, a small bio-break)
08.30 PM : Tent Allocation and Dinner
10.00 PM : Off to beds...
Day 2: Sunday, 31st Oct 2021
06.00 AM : Wake up call and bed-tea (freshen up and get ready for the trek)
07.00 AM : Breakfast
07.45 Am : Leave for boat launch
08.45 AM : Reach Met Indawali
09.00 AM : Start the trek
12.30 PM : Lunch on the top
01.30 PM : Start descending
03.00 PM : Boat ferry back till Bamnoli
03.30 PM : Tea break and start return journey back to Pune
8.00 PM : Reach Pune....Trek ends !
*** Return timing may fluctuate depending upon actual traffic conditions.
- Transportation from Pune to Pune
- Dinner : Day 1
- Stay at campsite on sharing basis
- Breakfast and Lunch and Evening tea : Day 2
- First Aid and Safety Technical equipment
- Qualified and experienced instructors with the group
*** All meals are vegetarian ***
- Personal elements, if any
- Things that are not mentioned in included section
- Any food during travel other than tea/coffee
No Details Found