Yunam Peak is a rare six-thousander Himalayan trekking destination of a similar category to Stok Kangri.
Batch Date : (Ex-Naggar)
1. 1-10 Aug 2021 (Expedition Leader – Dinesh Kotkar)
2. 5 -14 Aug 2021(Expedition Leader – Anand Mali) (Vidya Valley Special Batch)
- Fees Includes
- Fees Excludes
- Resources & FAQs
About Mt. Yunam Peak
Yunam Peak is a rare six-thousand Himalayan trekking destination of a similar category to Stok Kangri. Without any technical climbing requirement, but with sound fitness, one can achieve a 6000er summit, is a unique feature of this expedition. Yunam Peak is well known to those who have travelled by the Leh-Manali highway. The summit of Yunam has a great vantage point for an outstanding view of the C.B. Range and Mulkilla Range.
Situated in the terrifying and rugged regions of Himachal Pradesh, Yunam can be a testing grounds for endurance trekkers and avid mountaineers. The highest motorable road of the state ends in Baralacha La, only a few kilometers from Yunam base camp, where the pathways of Ladakh, Spiti, and Lahaul intersect. Just ahead of Baralacha La, in a village called Bharatpur, the basecamp is located.
The drive to this far end of the world is breathtaking in terms of changing topographies, the chills of starkly dropping temperature, and bizarre emerald lakes glistening in the middle of nowhere in a cold rocky desert matrix. The climb above basecamp features snow patches, mixed scree and snow tracks, and sharp jagged walls of rock. Quite unusually, the stretch of this glaciated desert is not short of water points. On our way to the base camp and beyond, a number of streams will cut the path across and at the base camp we will have a small lake in the vicinity.
Yunam climb demands a substantial fitness levels including some experience of high altitude trekking. Climbers must put grit against grit and overcome this hurdle with strong will and determination. GGIM will offer a systematic and well acclimatized plan for a successful ascent. For a larger group of more than 6, Giripremi’s able mountaineer will accompany as an additional support.
Batch Date : 1 – 10 Aug 2021
Why Climb with GGIM?
1. Plan devised for best acclimatization with 10 days
2. All necessary equipment as per international standards (mountain boots, crampons, rope, gaiters, ice ax, helmet.
3. Local guide support
4. Giripremi’s experienced mountaineer support
5. Well established base camp with comfortable tents for accommodation and toilet tents facilities.
- If cancellation is made 30 or more days prior to the reporting date of your selected batch, INR 10,000/- will be deducted, and balance amount will be refunded.
- If cancellation is made 15 to 30 days prior to the reporting date of your selected batch, INR 15,000/- will be deducted, and balance amount will be refunded.
- No refund will be made if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to date of departure.
In case of natural disasters like Nepal Earthquake in 2015, or Covid Global Pandemic, if the entire trek gets cancelled due to Govt. Directives, there will be two options:
- Entire amount will be carried forward in the GGIM Subsequent activities.
- Nominal administration charges will be deducted and balance amount will be refunded.
- You have to carry RT-PCR negative report while travelling to Naggar. It should not be older than 72 hours. So, plan your travel accordingly.
- For your return journey, if your destination requires RT-PCR negative report, plan your travel accordingly and keep minimum 1 day buffer to get tested.
The best season for Yunam Peak Expedition is from Mid July to August End. Apart from scheduled dates, we can customize the plan for you as per your convenience.
Arrival at Naggar (2130 m)Arrival at Naggar and you will meet our representative who will guide you for further trip. There will be a briefing planned related to the trip details. Evening preparation for the expedition.
Drive from Manali to Jispa (3200 m)You will start early morning from Naggar. The drive to Jispa takes you through some of the beautiful spots near Manali. You cross the famous Rohtang Pass and beautiful Keylong Village. Enjoy the fascinating mountain range on the way to Jispa. Stay overnight at Jispa in hotel.
Drive to Bharatpur (4700 m) (Basecamp)Like the previous day, you will start early morning. You will cross the Baralacha Pass at (4900 m). Spending some at this pass will help your body to acclimatize. After rest, continue the journey to Bharatpur (4700 m). You will establish the base camp near the road head. This day you will also practice a few of the climbing techniques like how to wear crampons, wearing shoes, ascend and descent techniques, basic rope work required, carabiner working and knot practicing. Tent stay starts from here.
Load ferry to Camp 1 (5000 m) and back to Base campYou will be carrying your essential gear till Camp 1. The route is comprised of moraine. The walk takes around 6-7 hours. You again come back to base camp.
Load ferry and Establish Camp 1 (5000 m)Trek to camp one and establish camp at 5000 m.
Trek to Summit Camp and establish Summit Camp (5300 m)This day, you will move ahead to the summit camp at 5300 m. The rocky trail and moraine restricts your speed, taking around 5-6 hours to reach the summit camp.
Summit attempt on Yunam Peak (6111 m)On the seventh day, you will start your climb early at around 2 AM, as you will have to reach the altitude of 6111m. You will come across some serious amount of hard snow on your way and also, the weather will be chilly. After an enduring stretch of semi-technical climb, you reach the top of the Yunam peak 6111 m and you will be amazed by the views you get to witness from there. Later you will move back to Camp 1 at 5000 m.
Spare day for Summit Attempt
Trek down to base Camp and Drive to NaggarThis will be a long day as you will descending down to base camp at Bharatpur. After the descend, you will wind up the base camp and start your journey back to Naggar by road. After reaching Naggar, you can take good rest in the cosy hotel room.
Departure from NaggarThe last day of the trip. You pack your bags and leave from Naggar with the amazing memories to be cherished forever. Have a Safe Journey !
1.Accommodation in spacious and comfortable Huts/tents at Up North’s base camp, Naggar
2. Accommodation in Alpine tents (2/3 men) during the expedition with sleeping bags, fleece inners and trekking mats. (Separate toilet tent facility is provided) at base camp.
3. A variety of wholesome hygienic veg. /non veg. meals during the expedition.
4. Services of cook, kitchen helpers with the entire necessary kitchen items, utensils etc.
5. Technical equipment such as Climbing shoes, crampons, gaiters, Ice Axe, climbing ropes, ascenders, descenders, helmets, ice screws, rock pitons, carabiners, snow stakes and other technical equipment will be provided.
6. The services of one qualified Alpine Instructor.
7. The services of high altitude porters for assisting with load ferry and camp establishment.
8. Vehicular transport from naggar to Bharatpur and back to the naggar, after the completion of the climb using Sumo / Tempo traveler or similar.
Insurance of technical staff and camp staff (Members to obtain their own insurance).
9. GGIM trained mountaineer as expedition guide
10. First aid kit with oxygen cylinders.
1. Any accidental, emergency, travel or medical insurance for the climbing party. It is strongly recommended that the participants to get themselves comprehensively insured before the expedition.
2. Expenses of a personal nature.
3. All evacuation charges (medical emergency or otherwise), or hospitalization or physicians consultation charges. Your own insurance policy should also ideally, cover this.
4. Beverages or drinks of any sort, including soft drinks, alcoholic / non-alcoholic drinks or bottled / mineral water.
5. Charges for a manual or helicopter evacuation, in case of a medical emergency or the like.
6. Personal climbing gear or equipment, not mentioned above
7. Other services not specifically mentioned in the service inclusions
8. GST as applicable
No Details Found