Sahyadri Trek Leader Course is designed for those who wish to pursue career in outdoors OR lead groups of trekkers, nature lovers, and outdoor enthusiasts in outdoor activities. Participants will learn important skills sets, gain in depth knowledge and hands on training which will emphasize on safe, caring and responsible leadership.
Duration: 5 Days
Dates: January 2020
Phase 1: (4 days)
It will involve theoretical as well as practical sessions. Participants are expected to revise the skills, study reference books and practice the techniques. On the last day, there will be practical and written test.
Phase 2: (1 day)
In this phase, participants will undergo a semi-independent trek and implement all skills, knowledge they learnt previously and complete the trek successfully.
Age Group: 18+
Course Contents: Read More
- Leadership – Duties, Responsibilities, Care, Liabilities and Challenges
- Group Management
- History of Mountaineering and Guidelines
- Basics of Backpacks and backpack management
- Understanding equipment mechanism, usages, maintenance, and care
- Knots: Safety, Figure 8, Clove Hitch, Bowline, Reef, Fisherman
- Leave No Trace Principles
- Introductory Navigation
- Introductory History, Geography, Geology of Sahyadri
- Hazards: Subjective & Objective; Outdoor Manners; Risk Assessment & Judgement
- Techniques of Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Jumaring, River Crossing
- Setting up anchor systems for Rappelling, Jumaring, and Fixed Rope System
- Setting up tents and Outdoor cooking
- Effective communication
- Physical Fitness
Cost: INR 8000/- Read More
Pune - Sinhagad - Pune Transport
Meals and Accommodation as per the itinerary
Training under the guidance of GGIM's most experienced mountaineers
Equipment usage during the course
First Aid support
Emergency Vehicle support
We will share the kit list 1 week before the course begins.
(Participants are expected to bring with them the items as mentioned in the kit list)
HOW TO REGISTER:
Step 1: Fill up Online enrollment form. (The form should be filled only once. If you have filled it already you need not to refill.)
Step 2: Download, print and fill up Medical form from a medical practitioner.
Step 3: Download Indemnity bond. Print first page of the form on 500 Rs. stamp paper, fill the form and get it notarized by a legal practitioner. (Please note that the indemnity bond should be submitted only once)
(Please note that there are separate indemnity bonds for adults and minors. In case of minors, participant has to procure a consent letter from parents. We will share the format once you register.
Bank Details for GGIM Courses:
Account Name: Guardian Giripremi Institute of Mountaineering Bank Name: HDFC Bank, Mayur Colony, Pune A/c No. : 50200009999572 IFSC code: HDFC0000149