Diploma & Certificate Course in Mountaineering
GGIM in association with Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune & Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Uttarkashi has launched Certificate & Diploma Course in Mountaineering. For the first time in India, adventure education is being brought under academic curriculum inculcating the values derived through mountaineering life style.
Certificate Course in Mountaineering
Aug – Oct 2021
Nov – Jan 2021
- After the successful completion of course, participant will receive ‘Certificate Course in Mountaineering’ jointly by GGIM & SPPU.
- Additional Certification of Basic Rock Climbing Course from GGIM
Diploma Course in
June 2021 – May 2022
For Indian Nationals
- After the successful completion of course, participant will receive certificate of ‘Diploma Course in Mountaineering’ jointly by GGIM, SPPU and NIM.
- Additional Certification of Basic Mountaineering Course from NIM.
Both the courses are built fundamentally on life skills and five core modules mentioned in the image alongside. Each module comprises of various topics that covers the entire spectrum of mountaineering and allied studies.
Life skills are a set of abilities, attitudes and socio-emotional competencies that enable individuals to learn, make informed decisions and exercise rights to lead a healthy and productive life and subsequently become agents of change. UNICEF has developed a set of life skills in Indian context.
Mountain climbing is not just a sport but a way of life and hence, through this sport, individual tend to acquire these life skills.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSES
- To incorporate experiential education through outdoor sports as per the ‘New Education Policy 2020’ by MHRD, Gov. of India.
- To develop confident, healthy & courageous youth for nation, through safe & systematic training & learning platform for enthusiastic and energetic students
- To enable to understand the disciplinary content knowledge, application of content knowledge to further teaching the contents
- To make students accustomed to the world of global adventure sports sector
- To introduce potential employable opportunities in Maharashtra, India, and abroad in the adventure sector through vocational skills, certificate, & degree programme syllabi